Winter Ready Business
In Mid-Missouri we can experience ice, cold winters with sleet, snow, ice, and damaging winds. We may not be able to control Mother Nature, but we can take action by getting the property winter ready with these precautions.
- Check property for downed tree limbs and branches. Winter conditions could cause branches to fall causing damage to property or person injuries.
- Inspect roofs, water pipes, and gutters. Clear gutters of any debris from the fall to prevent a damming effect. Gutter downspouts should be directed away from your building.
- Inspect walkways and parking lots for proper drainage. This could alleviate a potential flood and/or slip hazard.
- Entryways, handrails, and stairwells should be checked to address and correct potential slippery or hazardous areas. Post caution signs where water may be present and install mats or non-slip surfaces in the dangerous areas.
- Protect pipes from freezing. Allow water to drip when temperatures go below freezing. Leave cabinet doors open to circulate warm air, if pipes are under them. Consider shutting off water to outdoor faucets and ensure they are properly drained.
- Emergency Ready Profile. Contact SERVPRO for a no-cost assessment of your facility. It provides you with a plan to get back to business faster following a disaster.
Make sure your business is ready for the bitterly cold weather that may be ahead. If winter weather strikes, SERVPRO of Lincoln & Warren Counties are Here to Help.